Your donations are vital in keeping our dog park running smoothly because we do not receive any funding through county taxes.
The Gold Country Dog Park Association is a non-profit 501(c)3 California Corporation (Federal ID #32-0227041) dba Friends of Western Gateway Dog Park. All contributions are tax deductible, as allowed by law. Donors will receive a written “thank you” receipt for their records.
• Donate any amount by check. Make checks payable to Friends of Western Gateway Dog Park (FWGDP) and send to us at P.O. Box 5, Penn Valley, CA 95946, or drop them in our mail box at the dog park. You can also pay by cash.
• Donate any amount by credit card. Credit card payments can be made through our secure Paypal portal and you can designate the type of donation by writing in the comments section on the Paypal confirmation screen.
• Become an annual member of our dog park association for only $10/person or $15/family to show your ongoing financial support. Memberships are based on a calendar year from January 1st through December 31st. Renewals are at the same rate.
• Donate to the memorial landscaping fund to help build and maintain the memorial area in front of the dog park. Donations start at $25.
• Donate to our "Buy a Brick" program to honor a favorite pet. Memorial bricks range in price from $50-$125.
• Sponsor a banner for $150 or $300. Get noticed at the dog park. Have your own business banner displayed on one of our fences!
• Donate securities - Avoid paying capital gains tax by transferring appreciated securities to Friends. You will also incur a tax deduction based on the value of the securities at the time of transfer. Contact your attorney for details.
• Donate property - Your tax deduction will be based on the value of the property at the time of transfer, as determined by a professional real estate appraisal. Contact your attorney for details.
• Donate life insurance - If you own a life insurance policy that is no longer needed, consider donating it to us. U.S. Tax laws generally allow unlimited amounts to be left for charitable purposes without being subject to estate or gift tax. Contact your life insurance agent for details.
• Donate from your IRA - If you are at least 70 1⁄2 , you can give qualified charities up to $100,000 directly from your IRA without triggering federal income taxes. The gift will also satisfy the rules for required minimum distribution for the year. Contact your tax advisor for details.
• Make a bequest - You can make a bequest by including Friends in your will or estate plan. Sample language for a bequest is as follows:
I give $______or______% of my estate to Gold Country Dog Park Association dba Friends of Western Gateway Dog Park, a non-profit 501(c)3 California corporation (Federal ID #32-0227041) located in Penn Valley, California, for continuing support of the dog park.
(The benefits of making a bequest are: tax savings on your federal estate taxes, the flexibility to change your bequest whenever you choose, and the ability to leave a legacy to help conserve the dog park for future generations. Contact your attorney for details.)
Do you want to know who has supported the dog park this year?